Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cease and desist order rescinded

After a friendly farm visit by our state ADEC inspectors, they have subsequently rescinded the cease and desist order that they had issued back in March, telling Alaska Bounty to not compost any fish waste on our property.  This is a MAJOR win, as this proves the legality of what we are doing, and also points to the frivolousness of the complaints against me and my operation. 

Did I mention that the complaining party's wife works for the Pebble Partnership?

Seems ironic to me that these folks would rather see a 22-square foot mile toxic footprint and a lagoon of acidic mining pollution sitting above our precious salmon spawning grounds, but they will not tolerate the smell of a little fish.  My response: if you don't like the smell of fish, perhaps you should move away from the fishing village where you live.  I hear Canada is nice - especially where the Canadians have stripmined and destroyed their lands.  Perhaps the smell of tar shale would be an improvement?

1 comment:

  1. Very Very interesting!

    Keep up the great work!!

    Steve
    Common Cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete