Friday, May 7, 2010

The Dirt is Beautiful

I have been running the roto-tiller yesterday and today, over at the land.  Our new friend arrived today, Robert.  He's a friend of a friend that wants to help us get our high tunnel installed and planted.  In return, I'm doing what  I can to help him find a fishing job on a boat. 

The soil is thawed at least 1 1/2 feet down.  We got the high tunnel off the barge yesterday (5/6/2010) and are hoping to get it installed in a couple of days.  I'm so grateful to have so many great people helping out on this project.  My stepdad, Fred, dropped off the high tunnel boxes yesterday. 

Robert and I got the perimeter of the high tunnel location tilled.  The frustrating part has been the removal of so much debris, but it is getting a little easier.  We put together a garden cart and that has made the hauling of material a lot easier.

We are going to be hitting it all day tomorrow too.  Two tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment