Sunday, May 9, 2010

Potato Patch planted, and named

We planted the first potato patch today, and named it Red Fingers - to signify that it is a patch with red potatoes, Finnish fingerlings, and Yukon Gold.  I know, the Yukon Gold's don't figure into the name, but the reds and fingers do, hence the name.

My entire body aches from hauling, shoveling, mixing, planting, and working during all of the daylight hours.  Tomorrow is the last day of my weekend in Naknek, and then Robert will be left to hold down the fort.  I hope that my family will help him out and provide him some support over the next couple of days, until his girlfriend arrives.  I feel bad leaving him all by himself, but he will have our vehicle and the little cabin, so at least he'll have housing and transportation.  Plus, Big Jake is helping out on the project, so that makes me feel much more comfortable.  Jake's the man - I don't know what we would do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment